565 NW Holly Street, Issaquah, WA 98027
Goal 1: Intellectual/Academics
- To enrich and expand each student’s intellectual horizons.
- To make learning a life-long habit.
- To stimulate student's intellectual curiosity
- Develop originality and creativity
The student will learn and practice:
- The creative thinking skills of fluency, flexibility, elaboration and originality
- Problem-solving through real world activities
- Higher level thinking skills to process information
- The thinking behaviors of risk-taking, goal-setting, deliberativeness, decision-making, persistence, inquisitiveness, and self-evaluation.
Goal 2: Social/Emotional
- To provide a safe environment for gifted students to interact on a regular basis with others who have similar abilities and interests.
- To encourage each student to take responsibility for his/her learning.
Objectives Students will:
- Collaborate in groups and work independently
- Contribute positively to build a supportive classroom envirornment and community
- Produce quality work that reflects excellence, precision, and innovation
- Demonstrate responsibility for his/her learning by asking for help when needed and completing assignments on time.
See MERLIN report cards and scoring guides