Scholarships may be available for any of the summer school programs.
- Elementary scholarship information: Call Jane Tull (425) 837-7025. Students on Free and Reduced lunch may be eligible for partial scholarship if funds are available. An elementary scholarship request form must be submitted with your registration form.
- Middle and high school scholarships: A limited number of partial scholarships are available for students on free/reduced lunch. Please contact Jan Leonard at email@example.com for forms.
District transportation to summer programs is not available.
Elementary summer school
April 29, 2013: Summer school classes for elementary grades K-5 are now full and new enrollees will be placed on a wait list.The Video Editing class is still open to current 4th and 5th graders.
The elementary summer school program is for current K through 5th grade students who would like to get a jump-start on next year’s learning. The program provides for both reinforcement of learned skills and remedial assistance over the summer. Summer school classroom teachers use high-leverage instructional practices including GLAD to improve students’ language arts skills, technical (non-fiction) reading and writing, and math skills. Classes are generally limited to 22 students. Each classroom will have a highly qualified teacher and teaching assistant. All students will participate in ongoing formative assessment to measure progress toward learning goals.
This year, some of our summer school participants will enjoy the added benefit of master teachers providing GLAD* units and demonstrations for one week in the classroom.
Summer school is an excellent opportunity to sharpen skills and get a running start for the next school year. Students on Free and Reduced Lunch may be eligible for partial scholarships,if funds are available. Scholarship request forms are available at the link above. Space is limited, so get your registration in early. Mail your completed registration materials to Issaquah School District, ISD Elementary Summer Program, Attn: Elementary Bookkeeper, 565 NW Holly Street, Issaquah, WA 98027.
The summer session runs from July 8 to August 2, 2013 at Clark Elementary School
. Tuition for 2013 is $385.00.
Video Editing for current 4th and 5th graders is offered again this summer and is available to the first 20 applicants. Students learn to edit and create a DVD video. Classes run July 15 through July 26, 2013 (no classes on Thursday, July 4) at Clark Elementary School. Tuition for 2013 is $250.00.
Questions about elementary summer school?
Call Jane Tull at (425) 837-7025
Middle school summer school
Registration information and forms for the middle school summer program will be available here on April 1, 2013.
The program will be housed at Issaquah High School; however, the dates and times will be different than the high school summer program.
Middle school summer school is open to students who have a counselor recommendation for the program and who need credit retrieval (grades 6-8) in Math and Humanities. The focus of the middle school program is building skills and content knowledge.
The summer program runs from July 8 through August 9, 2013 and is housed at Issaquah High School. Each class is 90 minutes and a student may take up to two classes.
High school summer school
April 19, 2013 update: The PE Food and Fitness classes and the PE/NW Fitness classes are all full and closed to further enrollment.
The following general information on the high school program will help you with summer planning:
- Dates: Monday, July 8, 2013 through Friday, August 9, 2013
- Times: First period—7:30-10:30 AM; second period—10:45AM-1:45 PM
- Location: Issaquah High School
- Tuition cost: $350.00 per class (.5 credit)
The high school summer program offers various opportunities for students to retrieve credit, improve a grade (C- or below) or earn a credit to make room in their schedule for another course.
- Credit Recovery— Students in need of a course for credit recovery will be enrolled in the standard summer school classes offered at Issaquah High School (July 8-August 9).
- Grade Improvement— Students wanting to do grade improvement (C-, D+, D) will have the option to sign up for the standard ISD Summer School (in-person, 5 days a week) or register for a DLD online course (courses will be through Advanced Academics if available). Those who register for this option are required to attend support sessions three times a week at Issaquah High School.
- Two Week Courses— These courses include PE, Art and English Language & Composition 9/10 (this course is for grade improvement or credit retrieval only).
- ISD Online Health— Health online taught by Issaquah summer school teachers will be offered. Students will earn a .5 credit and this course is not considered outside credit. Please submit the summer school registration form.
- In-person orientation required June 18th at 12:00 pm OR 6:00 pm
- Students must be able to take an in-person final exam Thursday, August 1st at 4:00 pm OR Thursday, August 8th at 10:00 am or 4:00 pm.
Everything you need to know is explained in detail on the forms below, so print them out and read them carefully.
Questions about middle and high school summer school?
Call Principal Andrea McCormick at (425) 837-6008 AFTER Monday, July 1, 2013.