565 NW Holly Street, Issaquah, WA 98027
What materials we use now
- Six-Trait Writing
- Write Source 2000
Adoption process and timeline
- Teacher adoption committee charter: Formed September 2012
- The Writing Adoption Committee is made up of 15 classroom teachers representing each elementary school and each grade level in the district. In addition, the committee has representation for principals, ELL, special education and librarians.
- Teacher adoption committee meeting dates
Each date links to its specific meeting summary when available. Specific meeting focus is included after each date.
- September 27, 2012. Charter, consensus, norms, goals, review of research, CCSS,Parent Survey information, Review scope and sequence
- November 15. Review selection process,introduce screening tools, begin reviewing materials for CCSS alignment
- December 11. Review materials, narrow selection based on CCSS alignment, field test preparation
- January 17, 2013. Distribute materials for field testing, prepare student and parent feedback surveys
- March 14. Complete materials evaluation,review student and teacher feedback, start evaluation process
- May 10.Complete evaluation process, prepare IMC presentation (evaluation forms and powerpoint), complete any pending work
- June 6. Common Assessment discussion and possible development, make professional development recommendations, celebrate accomplishments
- April 3, 2013 — 4:30 to 6:00 pm: Preview Open House: Two or more publishers' materials will be on display at the Administration Building Board Rooms for the public to preview. Parents and community members are invited to provide written input.
- May 16, 2013— Writing Materials Adoption Committee presentation at Instructional Materials Committee (IMC). (All IMC meeting dates are reflected in the Upcoming Events section of the District website home page)
- June 6, 2013—The Instructional Materials Committee will vote on materials. (All IMC meeting dates are reflected in the Upcoming Events section of the District website home page)
- June 7-21, 2013 (contingent on IMC recommendation)— For two weeks, parents and community members can review and provide written input on the recommended materials during normal business hours at the Administration Building.
- Board review: June 26, 2013