What materials we use now
- Teen Health (Glencoe/McGraw Hill)
- Science, Tobacco and You (United Learning)
- Decisions for Health (Holt, Rinehart, Winston)
- Health (Prentice Hall)
Adoption process and timeline
- Teacher adoption committee charter: Formed November 2012
- The Secondary PE/Health Adoption Committee is made up of 15 classroom teachers representing each elementary school and each grade level in the district. In addition, the committee has representation for principals, ELL, special education and librarians.
- Teacher adoption committee meeting dates
Each date links to its specific meeting summary when available. Specific meeting focus is included after each date.
- October 29, 2012. Charter, consensus, norms, goals, review scope and sequence
- November 26, 2012. Begin revisions/alignment to current scope and sequence
- December 13, 2012. Finalize scope and sequence/alignment, common assessments
- January 28, 2013. Review selection process, introduce screening tools, begin reviewing materials
- February 25, 2013. Review materials, narrow selection based on GLE alignment, field test preparation
- March 4-25, 2013. Complete field test
- March 25, 2013. Evaluate field test input
- April 29, 2013. Prepare IMC presentation (evaluation forms and PowerPoint), complete any pending work
- May 10, 2013. Common Assessment discussion and possible development, make professional development recommendations, celebrate accomplishments
- April 4, 2013 — 4:30 to 6:00 pm: Preview Open House: Two or more publishers' materials will be on display at the Administration Building Board Rooms for the public to preview. Parents and community members are invited to provide written input.
- April 18, 2013— Adoption Committee presentation at Instructional Materials Committee (IMC). (All IMC meeting dates are reflected in the Upcoming Events section of the District website home page)
- May 16, 2013—The Instructional Materials Committee will vote on materials. (All IMC meeting dates are reflected in the Upcoming Events section of the District website home page)
- June 7-21, 2013— For two weeks, parents and community members can review and provide written input on the recommended materials during normal business hours at the Administration Building.
- July 10, 2013—Board review