Update February 23, 2016
Registration for Spring 2016 is closed.
Registration for online summer school is now open!
There are three options for Summer School 2016. Please click the links for additional information and registration links. All registration is online, no forms needed for summer!
1. Issaquah Online Learning June 20–July 28, 2016
- Digital Learning Department online courses
- For grade improvement, acceleration, courses needed for graduation requirement.
- Two to three in-person requirements
- Registration deadline June 10, 2016
2. Issaquah School District Online Health June 15–July 27, 2016
- Online health taught by Issaquah teachers. Coursework is online
- Four in-person requirements **these dates are set and there will be no exceptions, please do not ask for different dates
- Registration deadline June 10, 2016
- UPDATE 3/9/16: Online health classes are reaching capacity. Remaining spots will be prioritized according to grade level, with priority given to upperclassmen.
3. LIVE Summer School June 27–August 1, 2016
- Classes are in-person held at Issaquah High School.
- For grade improvement and/or credit recovery
- Registration deadline June 24, 2016
Outside Credit Limit
The outside credit limit for 9-12 graders is four (4) credits. Students may take up to four outside credits with a maximum of two credits taken in one school year.
Online Learning is a growing part of the education landscape, and the Issaquah School District is developing new strategies for students to take advantage of flexible learning opportunities.
With the approval of our new Online Learning policy and procedures in August 2010, we are now participating in the OSPI Digital Learning Department (DLD) program which offers OSPI-approved online courses.
Existing district policies apply for all Online Learning opportunities (registration, drop policy, academic integrity, discipline, technology use, etc.) OSPI approved online courses are granted credit in the same manner as other course offerings in the district. Students are also expected to comply with the OSPI DLD and Online Course Provider policies.
Interested in Online Learning?
- Students will participate in an in-person orientation at the start of the course.
- Building mentors are provided to help students succeed and monitor progress. Students are required to attend weekly online meetings/support sessions with the building mentor. The days and times vary by school. Please check with the school counselor regarding the schedule at your school. Students must agree to this commitment.
- Students will take midterms and finals in-person, during proctored sessions. The proctored sessions will be at each high school and the schedule will be communicated to the students.
- Are you ready for online learning? A few of the important skill sets of a successful online student include:
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Good communications skills
- Good technology skills and willingness to learn new technologies
- There are online quizzes and surveys to help students assess readiness for online learning
How does the registration process work?
- Print the Request for Outside Credit form, complete the first page and submit both pages to your counselor for approval.
- The counselor will complete the form and submit it to the Online Learning Department for registration.
- The Online Learning Department (Marianne Kaluza/Audrey Winslow) will email the student confirmation of enrollment and payment information, if applicable.
- Have you already submitted paperwork for an online course for 2015-16? The registration process will begin in August and you will hear from the Online Learning Department at that time. Confirmation emails with course details will go out in late August.
Questions about which online course to choose?
We participate in the OSPI Digital Learning Department (DLD) program which offers OSPI-approved online courses. Discuss with your counselor and/or with the Online Learning Department to review the Digital Learning Department Course Catalog. Not all courses listed in the online catalog are used by the Issaquah School District.
Click Here for Online Learning Options.
Online Learning Coordinator
Online Learning Registrar