What is Night Academy?
This is a program that gives students an opportunity to retrieve high school credit for classes they have FAILED during the school year.
Who attends Night Academy?
Any high school student who needs to retrieve credit to ensure timely graduation from high school is encouraged to consider this option.
What are the benefits of attending Night Academy?
Night Academy assists students in meeting the Issaquah School District standards. Students are able to retrieve credit lost during the regular school year and therefore, students who pass Night Academy classes put themselves in a better position to graduate with their class.
Where are Night Academy courses held?
What courses are available for this Spring 2015 session?
- English 9
- English 10
- English 11
- English 12 - semester 1
- European Studies
- U.S. History
- World Studies
- Algebra 1 (Liberty High School only)
When are Night Academy courses held?
Tiger Mountain: Each class is fourteen (14) sessions, 2 hours each session, and earns .5 credit retrieval per course.
- All courses will be held on the following dates from 6 p.m.-8 p.m. in 2015: March 3, 5, 10, 12, 17, 19, 24, 26, 31, and April 2, 14, 16, 21, and 23.
Liberty High: Each class is nineteen (19) sessions, 90 minutes each session, and earns .5 credit retrieval per course.
- Classes will be held from 2:25-3:55 p.m. on the following dates: Monday, Tuesday, and Thursdays. March 2, 3, 5, 9, 10, 12, 16, 17, 19, 23, 24, 26, 30, 31, April 2, 13, 14, 16, and 20.
What are the attendance requirements?
Consistent attendance is required. Students are allowed only one (1) absence per course.
What is the grading system for Night Academy?
Night Academy uses a pass/fail system of grading. Each .5 credit is awarded pending successful completion of all course work and no more than one (1) absence per course.
What is the cost per course?
Each .5 credit course is $200.00.
How do I enroll in Night Academy at Tiger Mountain?
Students or their parents may pick up registration information in their school's counseling office. Information and forms are also available on the District website. All registration forms require a signature by a counselor in order to enroll. Forms can be sent to: Night Academy, Tiger Mt. CHS, 565 NW Holly Street, Issaquah, WA 98027.
- Questions: Direct general questions about Night Academy to Tiger Mountain secretary/registrar Amy Wiggins at 425-837-6210.
- Scholarships: There are a limited number of partial scholarships available for Night Academy. Please contact Amy Wiggins directly for forms.
How do I enroll in Night Academy at Liberty High School?
Students or their parents can find a copy of the registration information and form either online at the Liberty High School website or at the Liberty High School counseling office. Registration forms must be submitted to the Liberty High School counseling office no later than Thursday, February 26. Space is reserved on a first come, first serve basis. REGISTER EARLY to secure your spot. Payment (or scholarship/payment plan agreement) is due prior to the 1st day of class on March 2.