The Issaquah School Board in December 2008 endorsed the Olympian Coalition's legislative platform. The Olympian Coalition is a venue for representatives from the Issaquah School Board, Issaquah Education Association, Issaquah PTSA Council, and Issaquah STAND for Children to advocate for legislation to ensure that local children have the educational resources to be successful (which includes a redefinition of and full funding for Basic Education).
The Olympian Coalition's 2009 platform is:
- No new requirement imposed without full funding.
- Passage of a Basic Education definition and funding formula that adequately and equitably provided full funding for an instructional program (K-12) that prepares students for 4-year colleges or community colleges with no remedial work on entry or apprenticeship programs and provides opportunities for all students to complete the required courses.
- Leave the local levy to be used exclusively by local communities for education enhancements and maintain the base on which the local levy is calculated.
- Provide for regional labor market differences when setting compensation for certificated employees.
- In the current financial crisis, do no harm.