The Student Art Calendar will be printed again for 2014-2015
Thanks to a continuing partnership with a local business, every family and staff member in the Issaquah School District will once again receive a free print-copy of the Student Art Calendar in the 2014-2015 school year—easy to hang on the wall to keep track of important school dates! Every current student in the district is invited to submit artwork to fill the pages for thousands of homes and offices. Get your creative juices flowing because the deadline is Friday, April 4, 2014.
You may submit up to three pieces of student art per student either of two ways (NO ORIGINAL ARTWORK,PLEASE)
- E-mail high quality, high resolution digital images as attachments—not embedded in the e-mail—of any size—preferably landscape or wide format to MichelleL@issaquah.wednet.edu. and include the words "ART CALENDAR" in the subject line. Be sure to include student's name, grade, school, and teacher AND parent name and e-mail in your e-mail message. Make sure your digital pictures are taken straight on (eye level, not crooked) and without flash/lighting irregularities.
- Important note re emailing digitial art: If they are high enough resolution for printing (preferably 300 dpi resolution), your digital files will likely be 1-4 megabytes (MB) in size. Our email server will not accept emails larger than 9-10 MB, so you may have to send multiple entries (no more than three per student, please) in separate emails.
- Mail/deliver high quality color copies— reduced to 11 x 8.5 (preferably landscape or wide format)—or a CD containing high quality digital images and including student's name, grade, school, and teacher AND parent name and email to:
Issaquah School District
565 NW Holly Street
Issaquah, WA 98027
Please send in your art by the end of the day on Friday, April 4, 2014. (NO ORIGINAL ARTWORK,PLEASE)
When art selection is finalized in May, we will notify the selected artists' families and request a statement of permission to publish the picture and the student's name, grade, school, and teacher in the 2014-15 calendar.
- Can a student submit more than one piece of art?
Yes—Submit no more than three of your favorites.
- Can a student submit art they created when they were younger?
No— To ensure a current crop of entries, please only send art that was done this school year.
- Can students submit art that they have created outside of school?
- Should the art be about any specific topic or subject?
This is completely up to the artist and his/her creative genius.
- Can my student submit a photograph for consideration for the calendar?
- Are there specific print-related requirements for the art?
In general, somewhat brighter, saturated, or intense, solid colors reproduce in print better than art with large areas of mostly very dark colors or very lightly applied pencil or crayon. You can look at previous art calendars to see the quality of art included. Bright, saturated colors, high resolution, and crisp, clear print quality are some of the most important art selection criteria.
- Can I submit original, over-sized artwork?
We do not have equipment that can reduce oversized art AND we aren't able to accept original artwork. Please submit only high quality color copies no larger than 11 x 8.5 or high resolution digital art.
Email Melissa Johnson