Apollo Elementary School Addition/Modernization
Budget: $6.575 million
TBD, Tentative Bid Date April 2013
Cornerstone Architectural Group, 206-682-5000
Features: Currently preparing permit drawings
Keep current: Sign up for Apollo E-News.
Check it out: Follow the progress with photos in the monthly Construction reports.
- October, 2013
- Framing is nearly complete.
- Brick exterior will start this week.
- Painting of original building interior and exterior is nearly complete and prime painting of new classroom walls has begun.
- Ceiling grid is being installed in classrooms.
- Sheetrock is nearly complete in classrooms. Multipurpose Room expansion is being sheet rocked.
- Roofing is continuing due to the extended dry weather.
- August, 2013
- Administration area is nearing completion and should be complete by September 3rd.
- Classrooms 210, 202 and 203 are on schedule to be complete for LRC1 and LRC2 by September 3rd.
- Concrete slabs are in place and framing of eight new classrooms is underway.
- Music Room and Library alterations are nearing completion.
- Cafeteria modifications are underway.
- Students and Staff will have access to all facilities by September 3rd.
- May, 2013
- Project is currently out to bid, bids are due May 29th.
- Both schools (IVE and AP) are being bid as one project with an Engineers Estimate of 6.5 million dollars.
- Scope for each school is similar and includes the addition of eight new classrooms, revisions to the Administration area, expansion of the Commons, additions of activity areas and restrooms.
- Project scope includes construction of a new sand playfield where the existing grass playfield is located, construction of a retention pond and associated storm drain piping, extension of a water line to improve hydrant flow and improve water quality, sidewalks and expansion of parking for staff.
- March, 2013
- Elementary addition: Design and construction documents are nearing completion.
- Elementary addition: King County is reviewing permit drawings.
- Elementary addition: Capital Projects is coordinating with Principal.
- Elementary addition: Construction should begin by end of school year.
- Playfield construction: Work will be under a separate contract (not included in the building addition)
- Playfield construction: Design and construction documents are nearing completion.
- Playfield construction: King County is reviewing permit drawings.
- Playfield construction: Capital Projects is coordinating with Principal.
- Playfield construction: Construction should begin by end of school year.
- February, 2013
- Elementary addition: Design drawings are nearing completion and bid phase drawings underway.
- Elementary addition: Preliminary set has been submitted to King County and initial comments have been received.
- Playfield construction: Design drawings are nearing completion and bid phase drawings underway.
- Playfield construction: Preliminary set has been submitted to King County and initial comments have been received.
- November, 2012
- Schematic Design is complete and reviewed by Capital Projects staff and Principal
- Preapplication meeting with Construction planned for mid-November
- Anticipate completed bid documents by spring 2013
- Anticipate Building Permit by summer 2013
- Anticipate construction start summer 2013 for building additions. Field work will be completed under a separate permit. The site work permit will likely take longer to process due to the usual lengthy storm water review process; our goal is to start the building addition at the same time as Issaquah Valley Elementary School