Carbon monoxide is an odorless, colorless gas that can cause sudden illness and death.
Carbon monoxide is found in fumes produced by cars and trucks, small gasoline engines, stoves, lanterns, burning charcoal and wood, and gas ranges and heating systems. CO from these sources can build up in enclosed or semi-enclosed spaces. People and animals in these spaces can be poisoned by breathing it.
If you don't have electricity...
- ONLY use a generator outdoors and far from open windows and vents
- NEVER cook inside on a charcoal or gas grill
- NEVER use a generator indoors, in garages or carports
For more information, please visit: