All student athletes must complete an eligibility process at the school athletic office EACH SEASON for EACH SPORT in which they wish to participate.
All forms in the SPORTS ELIGIBILITY PACKETS must be properly filled out and filed with the athletic secretary before a student can be cleared to participate in a sport. Originals of all eligibility forms are required. We cannot accept photocopies of eligibility forms.
A clearance card will be issued only when all requirements have been met. NO ATHLETE is allowed to participate in practice until the coach has the clearance card.
To Eligibility Packets page
- Academic eligibility
- Initial academic eligibility is based upon the grades and GPA from the previous semester (previous quarter for winter sports).
- The athletic secretary will check grades and GPA.
- Sports Physicals
- Incoming freshmen must have a physical dated after June 1st.
- Sport physicals MUST be current for the entire season.
- Students will not be cleared to turn out with a physical that expires during the regular season or playoffs. The ISD requires an annual physical. Every-other-year updates are no longer accepted.
- Signed originals of sports physical forms must be submitted. We cannot accept faxes or photocopies of physical forms.
- Athletic handbook
All student athletes are expected to know and abide by the information contained in the Issaquah School District 2012-2013 Student Athletic Handbook .
- ASB cards
- IHS, Skyline, and Liberty students turning out for a sport/activity must purchase a $55.00 ASB card.
- Sports fees
- All athletes are required to pay a $175 sports fee.
- No student will pay more than $350 per school year in sports fees. Athletes participating in three sports in a school year only pay two sports fees.
- School fees and fines
- All school fees and fines MUST be paid prior to an athlete being cleared to play a sport.
- Sports fee refunds
- Sports fees will be fully refunded under the following conditions:
- Student is cut from the squad by the coach
- Student quits due to illness or injury prior to 1st contest
- Student quits due to family moving prior to 1st contest
- Athletes who are cut from a team are responsible for requesting a refund within the current sports season.