"Come, ride along" on the yellow school bus
August 2017 - Reservations required
We are excited to have your student enrolling in kindergarten this year. We would like to extend an invitation to you and your child to RIDE THE BIG YELLOW SCHOOL BUS. No matter what school your child will be attending, you will meet the bus at Issaquah High School and enjoy a bus ride and a short introduction to learn about school bus safety procedures.
Choose a date and click the link to reserve your seat(s) on the bus.
Remember to print a copy of your reservation and save it in a safe place to remind you. The Transportation Department will send one email reminder two weeks prior to the event.
Information you need when you click the link:
- Parent name
- Student name (kindergarten student only)
- Email address
- Number of adults and students riding
Links to Ride Along Online Registration Forms:
The fun begins
The bus ride will begin at Issaquah High School's parking lot promptly at 9:00 a.m. with a quick photograph taken (headshot photo only) to help Transportation confirm each kindergarten student’s face with the correct name. The buses will leave promptly at 9:30 a.m. and lasts about one hour.
Kindergarten release forms
Kindergarten students must always be released to their parent/guardian or designee.
A Release Form is required and must be signed by the parent. You may provide up to 6 designees on the list. Proof of identification will be required. Transportation personnel are dedicated to making students' daily bus ride a safe and enjoyable experience. Completed Kindergarten release forms can be submitted:
- Email: Transportation-Enews@issaquah.wednet.edu
- Mail: 805 2nd AVE SE, Issaquah WA 98027, Attn: Kindergarten Release
- Bring it with you to the Kindergarten Ride-along
- Last resort, you make give it directly to your bus driver.
- During Registration - it is OK to complete form and return to school
It is very important that we receive the release form before school starts.
Please attach or enclose a recent picture (headshot only) of your student. You may only have one face to remember, but our driver has many faces and names to learn and remember.
Kindergarten is an exciting and important time for your child. Issaquah School District Transportation Department staff are pleased to be a part of this experience. We have established the following timelines and procedures to aid in the scheduling and routing of school buses for Kindergarten students.
Full day kindergarten students will ride the same bus as the other students attending their neighborhood school (or school of attendance).
Half day kindergarten students will ride the same bus in the morning as the other students in their neighborhood (or school of attendance). Mid-day transportation will not be provided by the district. Parents/guardians will be responsible for picking their child up at the end of the three hour half day morning session.
Here is what you can expect as Transportation makes plans for your kindergartner starting school in the fall:
- Phase 1 Kindergarten enrollment will kick off February and March 2017.
- Phase II Bus riding kindergartners who enroll between August 15 and September 6 should use the ESTABLISHED bus stop/route closest to their homes—available from school offices— and follow that schedule.
- Phase III Transportation staff will work with students who register after September on an individual basis.
Transportation Services personnel are dedicated to making students' daily bus ride a safe and enjoyable experience. Thank you for taking the time to read through and understand the process.