"Come, ride along" on the yellow school bus August 6 or 7, 2013 - Reservations required.
We are excited to have your student enrolling in kindergarten this year. We would like to extend an invitation to you and your child to RIDE THE BIG YELLOW SCHOOL BUS. No matter what school your child will be attending, you will meet the bus at Issaquah High School and enjoy a bus ride and a short introduction to learn about bus safety procedures.
Call to reserve your seat on the bus: 425.837.6330
The Transportation Department secretary will be available July 29-August 2 to take bus ride reservations. Please have the following information available when you call to make your reservation:
- Parent name
- Phone number
- What date you want to ride
- Number of adults and students riding
The fun begins
The bus ride will begin at Issaquah High School's parking lot promptly at 9:30 a.m. and lasts about one hour.
Kindergarten is an exciting and important time for your child. Issaquah School District Transportation Department staff are pleased to be a part of this experience. We have established the following timelines and procedures to aid in the scheduling and routing of school buses for Kindergarten students.
AM or PM kindergarten class?
Working with the schools, Transportation identifies which children will be assigned to AM or PM kindergarten classes based upon their addresses.
Some schools may also identify a "swing area" where AM/PM designation is not yet assigned. Kindergarteners living in swing areas will be assigned to morning or afternoon kindergarten after more is known about the number of entering kindergarteners and where they live. Sometimes it's not known if "swing areas" will attend AM or PM class sessions until late in August.
Here is what you can expect as Transportation makes plans for your kindergartener starting school in the fall:
- Phase 1 Kindergarten enrollment will kick off on March 6 and 7, 2013. New kindergarteners who register before August 5, 2013 will be assigned to bus routes and notified in August before school starts with a bus card delivered in the mail. Route information will also be
posted on E-Link and at each elementary school office.
- Phase II Bus riding kindergarteners who enroll between August 6 and September 3 should use the ESTABLISHED bus stop/route closest to their homes—available from school offices— and follow that schedule. Transportation will determine if new stop/route schedules need to be developed for these students and will notify parents no later than September 6 if changes are made. Any new route schedules will be effective on September 9.
- Phase III Transportation staff will work with students who register after September 9 on an individual basis.
Transportation Services personnel are dedicated to making students' daily bus ride a safe and enjoyable experience. Thank you for taking the time to read through and understand the process.