About our school
Challenger Elementary School was built to serve the Klahanie housing development. As a result, it is almost exclusively a neighborhood “walking” school—meaning only kindergarten and special education students ride school buses each day. This neighborhood feel contributes to strong parent involvement and to the school’s importance as a community center.
Challenger’s special emphasis on science programs has resulted in one of the District’s most successful science fairs each spring. Students at each grade level create projects that are judged by community volunteers and showcased in a special family evening event. An annual Cultural Festival celebrates the wonderful diversity in the school – over 35 countries are represented during this popular event.
Challenger dismisses classes early every Wednesday for two hours of staff collaboration.
Please visit the online ISD Community Report for information about the Issaquah School District’s mission, overall performance, and budget.
From I90 Eastbound
- Take Exit #17 and go left under the freeway on East Lake Sammamish Parkway
- Turn right onto Issaquah-Fall City Road at the first stoplight by the Union 76 station
- Continue up the hill – staying in the left lane – to the 2nd stoplight
- Turn left at the light onto Issaquah-Pine Lake Road
- Continue approximately 1/2 mile, past the pond on your right, and turn right on Klahanie Blvd.