About our school
Creekside Elementary, the District's 15th elementary school, is located on the Sammamish Plateau. Creekside opened its doors in the fall of 2010.
The school's floor plan and building design is similar to Grand Ridge Elementary and reflects an increased emphasis on daylighting and natural ventilation strategies to reduce energy consumption. The exterior design and colors provide the new school with an individual identity. The two-story building includes 28 classrooms, a computer lab, music room, multi-purpose room, gym and resource room with OT/PT room for special services. The classroom wings are organized around a central library. There are two covered play areas in addition to a typical elementary sand playfield.
From I-90 eastbound
- Take Exit #17 and go left under the freeway on East Lake Sammamish Parkway. Stay in the left lane
- Continue 2 miles on East Lake Sammamish Parkway past Fred Meyer/Home Depot and McDonalds
- Turn right at the light at SE 43rd Way (round-about)
- Continue up the hill. SE 43rd Way becomes 228th Ave. SE
- Go through one stop light (Issaquah-Pine Lake Road)
- Continue approximately 1/2 mile and turn left at the light onto SE 20th Street
- Travel one mile on SE 20th and turn right on 212th Avenue SE (by the Pine Lake Community Club)
- Turn left on 18th SE Street, then stay right onto SE 16th Street and continue to the school