About our school
Discovery Elementary School was an early leader in the District’s PTSA Caring through Sharing program—an organized effort for students to learn the benefits of helping others less fortunate. Quilts and books are among the items students have created and shipped to needy children in other parts of the world. Discovery has a K-Kids community service program that is jointly sponsored with Kiwanis.
Discovery was also an early leader in student Respect and Responsibility programs. The partnership between staff and community has been strong since the school opened in 1991. PTSA provides enrichment programs before school, community events throughout the year, and most importantly works collaboratively with the staff in all academic endeavors. As a result, Discovery students benefit from an extremely supportive academic environment.
Discovery dismisses classes early every Wednesday for two hours of staff collaboration.
Please visit the online ISD Community Report for information about the Issaquah School District’s mission, overall performance, and budget.
From I90 Eastbound
- Take Exit #17 and go left under the freeway on East Lake Sammamish Parkway. Stay in the left lane
- Continue 2 miles on East Lake Sammamish Parkway past Fred Meyer/Home Depot and Albertson’s
- Turn right at the light at SE 43rd Way
- Continue up the hill. SE 43rd Way becomes 228th Ave. SE
- Go through one stop light (Issaquah-Pine Lake Road)
- Continue 1/4 mile past the light
- The school is on the right