About our school
Issaquah High School is located at the foot of the beautiful Cascade Mountain range in the heart of Issaquah. At 100 years old, IHS is the District’s oldest high school. It is rich in tradition and serves as a center of community activities. The school community is characterized by enthusiasm, spirit, passion, and humanity. Students, parents, and staff share an active partnership in the educational mission of IHS.
Listed among US News’ top high schools in the nation, IHS offers rigorous curriculum in core areas including Advanced Placement (AP) programs in math, science, social studies, language arts, world languages, and computer science. IHS offers technical and vocational courses and rounds out student experiences with fine arts, visual arts, and theatre arts.
IHS starts classes late every Wednesday for two hours of staff collaboration.
Please visit the online ISD Community Report for information about the Issaquah School District’s mission, overall performance, and budget.
From I90 Eastbound
- Take Exit #17
- Turn right onto Front Street
- Continue through downtown Issaquah and turn left at Sunset Way
- Turn right on Second Avenue and continue for approximately .7 miles
- The school is on the left
From May Valley Road/Issaquah Hobart Road
- Take Issaquah Hobart Road towards downtown Issaquah
- Turn right at Second Avenue
- Continue on Second Avenue approximately .2 miles
- The school is on the right