About our school
Recognized in 2006 as a National Blue Ribbon School, Pine Lake Middle School emphasizes strong student performance in academics, athletics, and the arts. Its students excel on state-wide tests and many participate in the Junior National Honor Society.
Reading classes and math labs are offered for students not meeting state standards in those subject areas. Study-skills classes are available for students with organizational and academic needs. PTSA and the Issaquah Schools Foundation sponsor after-school homework help staffed by teachers.
Technology is integrated into the curriculum and enhances teaching and student work. Interactive whiteboards, projectors and document cameras are used to add value to core curriculum. Pine Lake is part of the KING-5 TV weather network.
Pine Lake starts classes late every Wednesday for two hours of staff collaboration.
Please visit the online ISD Community Report for information about the Issaquah School District’s mission, overall performance, and budget.
From I-90 Eastbound
- Take Exit #17 and go left under the freeway on East Lake Sammamish Parkway. Stay in the left lane
- Continue 2 miles on East Lake Sammamish Parkway past Fred Meyer/Home Depot and Albertson’s
- Turn right at the light at SE 43rd Way (which becomes 228th Ave. SE)
- Continue up the hill for 2 miles
- Turn right into the school's entrance