Summer is the perfect time to get a physical before the start of the new school year. Please download a physical form and have your medical professional sign it. During the registration process, you will be asked to upload a scan of the physical. Incoming 6th grade athletes must have a physical dated on or after June 1st of this school year.
Physicals are valid for 24 months.
Students in grades 6-8 can try out to participate in Varsity and Junior Varsity teams such as Girls Volleyball, Co-ed Softball, Girls and Boys Basketball, and Girls Soccer. All students may also participate in non-cut sports such as Co-ed Cross Country,
Girls Intramural Volleyball, Co-ed Wrestling, Girls and Boys Intramural Basketball, Girls Intramural Soccer, and Co-ed Track.
Similar to ISD high schools, registration for middle school sports will be completed online. The ISD Middle School Sports webpage contains a link to the FinalForms Registration
Portal to register for the current season of sports (located at the very bottom of the webpage). FinalForms uses your Family Access login for Skyward. If you don't know your username or password, go to Family Access and click on "Forgot your Login/Password."
You will receive an email with a link to reset your password from Family Access. PLEASE NOTE: If you reset your password in Skyward, your new password will not work in FinalForms until the next day.
The office can only accept registration for the current sports season.
All athletes are required to purchase a $35 ASB membership. Sport-specific fees for Cross Country, Softball, Volleyball, Wrestling, Basketball, Soccer, and Track are $50.00. The fee for Intramural sports is $20.00. All steps in the registration
process must be completed the Friday before the start of the season to guarantee participation clearance for the first day of practice/tryouts. Intramural sports will begin after the start of the season.
Payment for sports fees may be paid after notification of making a Varsity or JV team. Non-cut sports require paid sports fees to start practice.
All practices start immediately after school ends. Hustle to meet with your coaches! Practices end at 4:00 PM on Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday and at 5:00 PM on Wednesday. No practice on Fridays. Activity bus comes at 4:21 PM Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday and at 5:08 PM on Wednesday. Intramural sports typically have less practices during the week
- check with your coach.
BLMS sports teams compete with other middle school teams within the Issaquah School District. Game schedules are posted for each sport. We compete against Issaquah, Maywood, Pacific Cascade, and Pine Lake. Games are held at home or away. Teams are transported
by bus to away games.
In order for students to participate in any athletic program, they must:
- Maintain passing grades and earn credit in all classes (enroll in at least 4 classes)
- Maintain a 2.0 trimester and cumulative GPA and have NO failing grades
- Clear all fines
- Purchase an ASB membership for $35.00
- Pay the district participation fee of $50.00 per sport season (with a maximum of $150.00 per student across the year) or $20.00 per intramural sport
- Have a current physical examination completed prior to participation in a sport which must be dated after June 1, each school year. Physicals are valid for 12 months from the date of the exam, and must also indicate a doctor’s approval for
“full participation.” A new physical exam will be required each year of participation.
- Have completed the online athletic registration process.
Note: In order to participate in any after school activity, theater, sports, concerts, etc., a student must attend a full day of school. (Exceptions: Medical/dental appointments, certain emergency absences when approved
by either the Principal or Assistant Principal.) All fines must be paid.
- ALL students are encouraged to become actively involved in one or more of the sports that are offered.
- Athletes are required to have a minimum of 8 practices prior to participating in their first athletic competition.
Note: If you currently live in the Beaver Lake Middle School attendance area and are enrolled in a private or home school program, please contact our Registrar, Diana Henneuse (425-837-4160) for information on how to enroll in a sports program.
- In order to maintain athletic eligibility during the current trimester, a student shall maintain passing grades in all classes. Grades will be checked 10 days into the beginning of the sport season.
- If a student-athlete receives any failing grades, regardless of the grade point average, that student-athlete is placed on academic probation for 10 calendar days. The student-athlete is allowed to continue to attend and participate in practices
only. He/she may not participate in athletic contests during this time. Grades will be checked again at the end of the 10-day probation period.
- Academic checks and discipline reviews will be conducted by the Head Coach, and the student-athlete eligibility will be determined by these checks. If academic and/or behavior expectations continue to be a concern, the student will not be
able to participate.
The above also applies to participation in BLMS clubs, Theater Productions, and the role of Team Manager(s).
If you have any questions regarding the above information, please contact Sue Wickstrand
in the office.