Challenger Elementary School is located in the center of the Klahanie housing development and was built in 1988 to serve Klahanie families. This neighborhood feel contributes to strong parent involvement and to the school’s importance as a community
center. Beginning in the 2012/13 school year, Challenger became home to many Grand Ridge kindergartners living in the Issaquah Highlands. Challenger is unique because we have eight sections of full-day kindergarten.
See the 2017-18 Annual School Report to learn more about our school.
Challenger’s Vision Statement is:
The Challenger community will create a positive, friendly, and respectful learning environment where staff and students feel safe, are willing and encouraged to take risks, and individual learning styles are recognized and nurtured.
The Challenger staff works hard to ensure school a safe and happy place where all individuals are positive and respectful of one another. Positive, expected behaviors are reinforced daily by all staff members.
We are also very proud to be a King County Level 4 Green School.
Challenger dismisses classes early every Wednesday for two hours of staff collaboration.
Please visit the online ISD Community Report for information about the Issaquah School District’s mission, overall performance, and budget.
From I90 Eastbound
- Take Exit #17 and go left under the freeway on East Lake Sammamish Parkway
- Turn right onto Issaquah-Fall City Road at the first stoplight by the Union 76 station
- Continue up the hill – staying in the left lane – to the 2nd stoplight
- Turn left at the light onto Issaquah-Pine Lake Road
- Continue approximately 1/2 mile, past the pond on your right, and turn right on Klahanie Blvd.