Skip to main content
SCHOOL-WIDE EXPECTED BEHAVIORS
- Use a quiet, inside voice.
- Speak kindly to and about others.
- Follow directions.
- Keep hands, feet, and objects to yourself.
- Ask permission to use things.
- Give your best effort.
- Accept consequences without arguing.
- Be prepared – bring necessary materials with you to school.
- Assume responsibility for any personal property brought to school.
- Label your jackets, sweatshirts, and lunch boxes.
- Teachers may ask students to keep toys and other personal items in backpacks if they create a disruption in class or at recess.
- Respect school property.
- Do not chew gum (exceptions made during standardized testing).
- Cell phones and electronics such as gaming tablets should be turned off and in backpacks upon arrival to campus. Electronics used during school hours will be held in the office until dismissal.
- Use the Internet in accordance with the school’s Internet Regulation and only with adult direction and supervision.
EXPECTED BEHAVIORS IN HALLWAYS AND ATRIUM
- Walk in a slow and steady pace while inside the building.
- Face forward and stay to the right when walking in a line.
- Keep hands and feet to yourself.
- Keep voices off.
- Walk with a purpose. Know where you are going.
- Carry materials properly.
- Stay with your class or let your teacher know where you are going.
EXPECTED BEHAVIORS IN SCHOOL RESTROOMS
- Use bathrooms with permission and in a timely manner.
- Keep bathrooms neat and clean.
- Flush the toilet after use.
- Respect the privacy of others.
- Wash hands after using the restroom.
- Report needs (clean-up, products running low) to the office.
EXPECTED BEHAVIOR BEFORE AND AFTER SCHOOL
- Arrive in classrooms 9:15 am, but no earlier than 9:00 am as there is no adult supervision provided for students prior to 9:00 am. The first bell rings and students may enter at 9:10 am.
- Unless you have a meeting scheduled with a teacher or
are working on a PTA project, we ask that families wait outside of the building until 9:10 am. Teachers use the precious time between 8:50-9:10 am to prepare for the school day.
- Please walk around the exterior of the building to your teacher’s designated line-up spot.
- Students who arrive late (9:16 am or later) must check-in at the office and are marked tardy.
- Wait quietly outside while lining up in the appropriate classroom line before
- Student cell phones should be turned off and in backpacks upon arrival to campus.
- Keep hands and feet to self in line.
- Follow directions given by supervision staff.
- Those students in before-school activities may enter
the school only under the direction of the responsible teacher or staff member.
- After the bell rings, parents/guardians on campus should actively supervise their students.
- Students not involved in authorized activities after school must
leave school property by 3:05 pm unless supervised by an adult. Comet Club has exclusive access to playground after school.
- Per Issaquah School District Regulation, no animals/pets are allowed on school grounds.
EXPECTED BEHAVIOR ON THE PLAYGROUND
- Always keep hands and feet to self.
- “Play fighting” is not permitted.
- Dodgeball is not permitted.
- Share equipment and return equipment to the shed after use.
- Use equipment safely and for its intended use.
- Play cooperatively and take turns.
- When the bell rings, line up quickly and quietly.
- Stay on playground and visible to playground supervisors.
- Stay off hills and away from trees.
- Stay in front of the baseball field fencing and out of dugouts.
- Stay off portable steps.
- Flyer’s Up is our alternative to football. Absolutely no tackling.
- Bark/wood chips need to remain on the ground.
- Keep hula hoops, balls, and jump ropes out of the bark area.
- Go down the slide one at a time.
- Keep at least one hand on the silver toy at all times.
- Bring appropriate outerwear and stay undercover in heavy rain.
- Use umbrellas safely and appropriately.
- If there is snow on the ground, refrain from throwing snowballs.
- The playground is reserved for Comet Club activities from 3:35-6:00 pm daily.
EXPECTED BEHAVIOR IN THE LUNCHROOM
- Walk safely with hands and feet to self.
- Maintain position in lunch line.
- Bring your lunch money and coat with you.
- Know your lunch choice.
- Sit with your class at your designated tables.
- Eat first.
- Clean up your eating area and use provided towels to wash your table space.
- Follow directions and listen to staff – be quiet when an adult asks for your attention.
- Use good table manners.
- Stay seated with your feet under the table.
- Speak to others with an inside voice.
- Leave with permission.
- Because we are a Green School, package food as “waste-free” as possible using reusable containers. Please avoid using glass containers. Recycle and compost as much as possible.
EXPECTED BEHAVIORS FOR TRAVELING TO AND FROM SCHOOL
- Walkers must cross at designated crosswalks with assistance from crossing guards.
- Stay on the sidewalk and walk directly to and from school.
- Families should have a well-understood plan for after school.
- Have a designated pick-up spot each day
- If students walk, plan an intentional route that is followed with consistency
- Notify the office and/or 911 immediately if something unsafe occurs on your way to or from school.
EXPECTED BEHAVIOR FOR KINDERGARTEN DROP-OFF AND DISMISSAL
- Kindergartners must be escorted to their morning line-up spot or to the front crossing guard by a parent, childcare provider, or older sibling.
- Kindergartners dropped off in the back loop before school (including those who ride Rainbow School Bus) need to line up with the 1st graders in the back atrium area.
- Kindergartners may ride their bikes or scooters if accompanied to and from school by a parent.
- At the end of the day, kindergarten teachers must dismiss their students to an older sibling, parent, or other designated adult (like a childcare provider).
BICYCLE, SCOOTER, AND SKATEBOARD RULES AND EXPECTATIONS
- 3rd - 5th graders may ride bicycles or ride scooters to school.
- 1st and 2nd graders may ride their bikes or scooters if accompanied to and from school by a parent or older sibling.
- Stay to the right when riding in the street, use hand signals when making turns, and follow the rules of the road.
- Wear a helmet.
- Lock bikes and scooters in the bike rack. Scooters are not permitted inside the building.
- Walk your bicycle or scooter on school property.
- Remember that walkers have the right-of-way.
- Skate boarding, including Electronic skateboards (“Hover boards”) are not permitted on school grounds.
- Skates/”Heeleys” are to be removed immediately upon entering school property.