Skip to main content
EXPECTED BEHAVIORS FOR PARENTS IN THE PARKING LOT
Expected Behavior for all Drivers:
- Drive slowly and cautiously.
- Respectfully follow all directions given by EAs and supervision staff.
- No texting/cell phone use during drop-off/pick-up.
- With drivers coming from both directions on Klahanie, please take turns and allow those turning left and those turning right into the school, equal access. Otherwise we end up with a gridlock and no one can move!
- Tired of waiting or worried about being late? Walk to/from school, park your car on the street, or change your arrival time.
- Violations may be reported to Sammamish Police Department.
Expected Behavior for the Front Parking Lot:
- Park your car in a designated space; this is a parking lot, not a drop off zone.
- Be patient and positive – expect this area to be busy from 8:55-9:15 daily. The lot is most busy on rainy days, but also on assembly days and during the Science Fair.
- Get out of your car and accompany your child to the front crosswalk—watch for moving traffic!
- Only cross in marked crosswalks—we have crossing guards at those sites.
- Respect reserved spaces for the disabled.
- Take turns and do not cut in front of other cars. There is only one lane of traffic.
- If the lot is full, please loop around or park on the street.
Expected Behavior for the Back Drop Off/Pick up Loop:
- This is a Drop off/Pick up Loop; no parking please as the parking lot is for staff only.
- Pull forward as far as you can into the DROP-OFF AREA (the cones mark the drop-off area) before letting your child out of the car. This allows as many cars as possible in the loop.
- Parents should remain in vehicles at all times.
- Children should only enter and exit cars on the curbside—never on the side of moving traffic or in traffic! This may mean moving car seats to accommodate this need.
- After your child has left the vehicle, please carefully merge into the left drive thru lane to exit.
- Honor the No Idling Zone rule.
- Be patient and positive – expect this area to be busy from 8:55-9:15 and 3:30-3:50 daily.
- Take turns and do not cut in front of other cars.
- Do not stop or park in the crosswalk.