A BIG THANK YOU to PTSA for helping to supply and run the Student Store!
- Here is a Video explaining Student Store. You can “purchase” small, medium and large items/privileges with Talon Tickets you earn.
- Click HERE for the current Student Store inventory.
- Order forms are in each Soar classroom, the library, and in the lunchroom. You may also download and print one .
- Estimated delivery of orders:
- Thursday, January 20th
- Thursday, February 3rd
New Building Move In Timeline
The occupancy of our permanent building in the Talus neighborhood has been delayed due to the re-engineering efforts on the retaining walls. We have shared a detailed message regarding this continued delay in previous enews messages. Click here to read a detailed message from Nov 15, 2021. Our current expected move-in date is late February. Please stay tuned for future ENews messages regarding details of our move to our beautiful new building.
NEST After School has Begun!
*NEST = Need Extra Study Time
Would your student benefit by staying after school to work on homework or assignments for class? We are starting NEST Afterschool on Mon, Tues & Thurs starting next week! NEST is, first and foremost, a place to practice good study habits and reach educational goals. This is not tutoring, but it is a supervised and positive place for CMMS students to work on schoolwork after their classes are over for the day. First day begins on Monday, Nov 8th!
Mondays 2:40 – 4:20 pm
Tuesdays 2:40 – 4:20 pm
Thursdays 2:40 – 4:20 pm
(There is no NEST on Wed or Fri.)
Important: Students and families are asked to make a plan before the school day begins regarding if the student is staying for NEST and how the student will get home. Office staff is limited after school hours. And there is no early parent pickup from NEST.
Expectations: Students are expected to report to the library for NEST Afterschool by 2:40 pm and stay for the duration for supervision and safety reasons. We ask that students follow the Falcon Four expectations and are Kind, Safe, Engaged and Mindful. There is no early parent pick up from NEST Afterschool. Students may be picked up by a parent starting at 4:20 pm or leave on the activity bus that departs at 4:25 pm.
- There is no advance sign up needed—students can attend any afternoon of NEST.
- Students arrive on time to NEST in the Library at 2:40 pm on Mon, Tues and/or Thursday and stay the duration until 4:20 pm.
- Students should bring their personal or district issued laptop with charger for completing school work.
- Students should bring schoolwork such as assignments, homework, novel and/or textbook to use during NEST.
Plan for Transportation Home: Students and family are asked to make a plan before the school day begins regarding if the student is staying for NEST and how the student will get home. Office staff is limited after school hours.
- Parent Pick Up: Students can be picked up by a parent between 4:20-4:25pm by the front parking lot (parent pick up line). There is no early parent pick up from NEST.
- Activity Bus Ride Home: Students can also ride home on the Activity Bus.
Student Laptop Information Do you need to request a district issued laptop for your student? Click here. Need help with general laptop questions including logins, digital resources, and laptop insurance info? Click here: Middle School Laptop Information All
Do you have questions about our school COVID Mitigation and protocols? CMMS Covid Mitigation Handbook for Families Winter 2022
CMMS Parent & Guardian Welcome Event occurred on Mon. 8/31 at 9:30 am.If you didn't have a chance to join us or you would like to review the recording of the event, please click here to access this 44 minute recording of this event. Principal McKee, Assist. Principal Bosshart and Administrative Intern Mrs. McCullough covered important topics such as key New building updates, COVID mitigation procedures, arrival & departure, lunchtime, laptop distribution and further helpful resources to families. In addition, a special 2 min CMMS Welcome video was shared during this event and you can find that by clicking here. We hope you find these recordings and information helpful as you support your student start school this week!
School Supplies for 2021-22 School Year: The supply list for the 2021-22 school year can be found here. It may be amended depending on student, teacher and class needs.