Middle School Sports
See the ISD Athletic Website for information about sports fees and to access all athletic registration forms.
Spectator COVID Mitigation
Families are welcome at all our district schools to support their athletes. Masking is required universally for all spectators attending indoor K-12 sporting activities, regardless of vaccination status. Audience members should be seated in “family units” and those small groups should be spaced at least 3 feet apart. Spectators are allowed as long as gym capacity allows.
Cougar Mountain Middle School Athletics Information
Fall Sports (Season 1) September 7 – October 26
Sports: Girls Varsity and JV Volleyball (tryout required), Co-ed Varsity and JV Softball (tryout required), Co-ed Cross Country (non-cut), Girls Intramural Volleyball (non-cut)
May 1 - Online registration opens
September 7 - Registration closes
September 7 - First day of practice/tryouts
September 20 - 10 Day Grade Check
October 4 - 20 Day Grade Check
Winter 1 Sports (Season 2) November 8 – January 15
Sports: Girls Varsity and JV Basketball (tryout required), Co-ed Wrestling (non-cut), Girls Intramural Basketball (non-cut)
May 15 - Online registration opens
November 8 - Registration closes
November 12 - First day of practice/tryouts
*Intramural Girls Basketball start date: TBD
November 19 - 10 Day Grade Check
December - 7 Day Grade Check
Winter 2 Sports (Season 3) January 24 – March 26 approx.
Sports: Girls Varsity and JV Soccer (tryout required), Boys Varsity and JV Basketball (tryout required), Girls Intramural Soccer (non-cut), Boys Intramural Basketball (non-cut)
May 15 - Online registration opens
January 24 - Registration closes
January 24 - First day of practice/tryouts
*Intramural Boys Basketball and Girls Intramural Soccer start date: TBD
February 4 - 10 Day Grade Check
February 18 - 20 Day Grade Check
Spring Sports (Season 4) April 4 – June 2 approx.
Sports: Co-ed Track & Field (non-cut)
May 15 - Online registration opens
April 4 - Registration closes
March 30 - First day of practice/tryouts
April 22 - 10 Day Grade Check
May 6 - 20 Day Grade Check
An original, signed doctor physical form must be scanned and uploaded to Final Forms. Incoming 6th grade athletes must have a physical dated on or after June 1st of this year. Physicals are valid for 2 years. Physicals of 8th grade athletes will expire on the last day of the current school year.
The Sport Physical Form can be found on the Issaquah School District website.
Students in grades 6-8 can try out to participate in Varsity and Junior Varsity teams such as Girls Volleyball, Co-ed Softball, Girls and Boys Basketball, and Girls Soccer. All students may also participate in non-cut sports such as Co-ed Cross Country, Girls Intramural Volleyball, Co-ed Wrestling, Girls and Boys Intramural Basketball, Girls Intramural Soccer, and Co-ed Track & Field.
FinalForms is the ISD online registration provider for all middle school and high school sports. Each family should have received an email from FinalForms, you will need to confirm your account. Click here for the FinalForms website. You will choose to do one of the following:
- Follow the steps to create your account. (Save your user name and password.)
- Follow the steps to create your account and start the registration process.
It is important to note that if your 6th grade student has older siblings in ISD, you will not receive the account set-up email from FinalForms again. You will just see that your sixth grade student has been added to your list of family members.
If you need to have the FinalForms link sent again to set up your account, please contact Sabrina Cua the Athletics Office Professional by phone @ 425-837-6729 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
All athletes are required to purchase a $35 ASB membership. Sport-specific fees for Cross Country, Softball, Volleyball, Wrestling, Basketball, Soccer, and Track are $50.00. The fee for Intramural sports is $20.00. All steps in the registration process must be completed the Friday before the start of the season to guarantee participation clearance for the first day of practice/tryouts. Intramural sports will begin after the start of the season and are to be determined by the coach and Athletic Director. A start date will be communicated through Final Forms to those athletes who have signed up for the intramural programs.
All practices start immediately after school ends. Hustle to meet with your coaches! Practices end at 4:00 PM on Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday and at 5:00 PM on Wednesday. No practice on Fridays. Activity bus comes at 4:20 PM Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday and at 5:15 PM on Wednesday. Intramural sports typically have less practices during the week - check with your coach.
CMMS sports teams compete with other middle school teams within the Issaquah School District. Game schedules are posted for each sport. We compete against Beaver Lake, Issaquah, Maywood, Pacific Cascade, and Pine Lake. Games are held at home or away. Teams are transported by bus to away games.
In order for students to participate in any athletic program, they must:
- Maintain passing grades and earn credit in all classes (enroll in at least 4 classes)
- Maintain a 2.0 trimester and cumulative GPA and have NO failing grades
- Clear all fines
- Purchase an ASB membership for $35.00
- Pay the district participation fee of $50.00 per sport season (with a maximum of $150.00 per student across the year) or $20.00 per intramural sport
- Each student athlete will need a current physical examination completed prior to participation in a sport. Physicals are valid for 2 years from the date of the exam, and must also indicate a doctor’s approval for “full participation.” An original, signed doctor physical form must be scanned and uploaded to Final Forms. Incoming 6th grade athletes must have a physical dated on or after June 1st of this year. Physicals are valid for 2 years. Physicals of 8th grade athletes will expire on the last day of the current school year.
- Have completed the Final Forms athletic registration process.
Note: In order to participate in any after school activity, theater, sports, concerts, etc., a student must attend a full day of school. (Exceptions: Medical/dental appointments, certain emergency absences when approved by either the Principal or Assistant Principal.)
- ALL students are encouraged to become actively involved in one or more of the sports that are offered, only one sport per sport season.
- Athletes are required to have a minimum of 8 practices prior to participating in their first athletic competition.
Note: If you currently live in the Cougar Mountain Middle School attendance area and are enrolled in a private or home school program, please contact our Registrar, Maria Naumova (425-837-6704) for information on how to enroll in a sports program.
- In order to maintain athletic eligibility during the current trimester, a student shall maintain passing grades in all classes. Grades will be checked 10 days into the beginning of the sport season.
- If a student-athlete receives any failing grades, regardless of the grade point average, that student-athlete is placed on academic probation for 10 calendar days. The student-athlete is allowed to continue to attend and participate in practices only. He/she may not participate in athletic contests during this time. Grades will be checked again at the end of the 10-day probation period.
- Academic checks and discipline reviews will be conducted by the Head Coach, and the student-athlete eligibility will be determined by these checks. If academic and/or behavior expectations continue to be a concern, the student will not be able to participate.
- The above also applies to participation in CMMS clubs, Theater Productions, and the role of Team Manager(s).
If you have any questions regarding CMMS athletics, please contact Sabrina Cua the Athletics Office Professional by phone @ 425-837-6729 or email at email@example.com.