ISD Offers Laptops and Hotspots During School Closure
March 18, 2020
Dear ISD Community,
During school closures, K-12 students who do not have a computer, laptop, and/or internet access at home may check a laptop and/or internet hotspot out from the school district.
Parents and/or guardians will be able to pick up the laptop at one of these schools between 9:00 a.m. and 12:00 p.m. Monday through Friday:
- Briarwood Elementary- 17020 SE 134th St, Renton, WA
- Newcastle Elementary- 8400 136th Ave SE, Newcastle, WA
- Issaquah Middle School- 600 2nd Ave. SE, Issaquah, WA,
- Issaquah Valley Elementary- 555 NW Holly St, Issaquah, WA
- Grand Ridge Elementary- 1739 NE Park Dr, Issaquah, WA
- Endeavour Elementary- 26205 SE, Issaquah Fall City Rd, Issaquah, WA
- Sunset Elementary- 4229 W Lake Sammamish Pkwy SE, Bellevue, WA
If you are interested in checking out a laptop, please call one of the staff members below. All are available to take your call in English or the language indicated by their name.
Wenli Mithal (中文)
Francisca Mejia Campos (Español)
Krima Molina (Filipino)
Parents or guardians will be asked to sign a form taking responsibility for the laptop. A copy of the form will be provided when you pick up the laptop. Requests prior to 12:00 pm (noon) will be available for pick up the following day.
Families may check out an internet hotspot for the laptop if internet is not available at home (limit one per family). Please note many companies have changed their rules to give families more data options during this time. More information can be found on company websites. Comcast (Comcast Spanish Version), T-Mobile, AT&T, and Verizon.
ISD Nutrition Supports Begin Tomorrow, Wednesday, March 18
March 17, 2020
Dear ISD Community,
We have an important update to share with you today. At this time, the District is able to offer two (2) pick up meals daily Monday through Friday for students throughout the extended closure.
- Meals will be made available free of charge to any child.
- Students must be present in order to receive the meals.
- Both meals may be picked up at once between 9:00 am and 12:00 pm.
- The District will continue to look for opportunities to expand program options and will announce those in the days to come.
Meals will be distributed at the following locations from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. starting tomorrow, Wednesday, March 18:
- Briarwood Elementary - 17020 SE 134th St, Renton, WA
- Newcastle Elementary - 8400 136th Ave SE, Newcastle, WA
- Issaquah Middle School - 600 2nd Ave. SE, Issaquah, WA, 98027
- Issaquah Valley Elementary - 555 NW Holly St, Issaquah, WA
- Grand Ridge Elementary - 1739 NE Park Dr, Issaquah, WA
- Endeavour Elementary - 26205 SE, Issaquah Fall City Rd, Issaquah, WA
- Sunset Elementary - 4229 W Lake Sammamish Pkwy SE, Bellevue, WA
Thank you for your patience as we continue to define our support services. Expect announcements regarding emergency learning supports and technology resources soon. For additional community resources, please visit our Issaquah School District Supports web page. If you need support in Chinese, Spanish, or other languages, please contact our ISD Family Partnership Liaisons.
ISD Leadership Team
ISD School Aged Child Care Survey
March 16, 2020
We have determined that during our school closure, the ISD will be able to provide no cost school aged child care for students in Grades K-5 for the following groups only at this time:
- ISD on-site staff
- Health care workers
- Fire Fighters, Police, Paramedics, Emergency Medical Technicians
- Grocery store employees
- Pharmacy employees
Please help us assess the level of need in our community by taking our child care needs survey. At this time, we have one location identified and will announce additional locations as they become available. Once you have completed the survey, you will be contacted by our School Aged Care Coordinator by email or phone to make arrangements if you qualify for no cost school aged care.
Thank you for your patience as we make progress on delivering the supports we know our community needs. Expect announcements regarding nutrition service and technology supports, including laptops and wireless hotspots, tomorrow. For additional community resources, please visit our Issaquah School District Supports web page. If you need support in Chinese, Spanish, or other languages, please contact our ISD Family Partnership Liaisons.
ISD Leadership Team