Skip to main content
Camp Information - 5th Grade
The Outdoor Education Experience
- Camp is a long standing tradition for Cougar Ridge 5th grade students.
- Provides a hands on science learning experiences.
- Builds camaraderie, friendship and team building skills.
- Creates 5th grade memories for life.
- Students will use the camp experiences throughout the year in a variety of
Why Camp Warm Beach?
- Warm Beach Camp is located on one of the finest eco-systems in the Northwest for the study of marine estuaries, upland forests, and human impact on natural systems.
- Windows, doors & heat!!
- Wide variety of activities.
- Covered meeting area in case of rain.
- Snacks will be provided for the students!
- Approximately 8 students & 2 parent chaperones in each cabin.
- Heated with windows & doors!
- Multiple bathrooms and shower facilities.
- Students will need a sleeping bag and pillow.
Café Warm Beach
- Buffet style dining.
- Multiple food choices for each meal, including a vegetarian option.
- Morning and afternoon snacks, will be provided.
- Please do NOT send any food, snacks, or treats with your child.
- Initiatives/team work
- Orienteering (Map and Compass skills)
- Estuary Habitat Study (Canoeing)
- Climbing Tower (Challenge by Choice & Personal Goal Setting)
- Game of Life (new for this year)
- All Camp Scavenger Hunt
- The Great Pioneer Skills Challenge
- Skits and Campfire with s’mores
- Dance party and songs
- Gym and craft time or board games
Swimming or Put-Put?
- Students will have a choice to swim in the heated pools, play put-put golf, or play games in the field.
- Don’t forget a swim suit, towel, & pool flip flops