Skip to main content
Emergency Procedures for Parents
Fire and Evacuation Drill
- Initiated by alarm.
- Immediately evacuate building in an orderly manner.
- If in a classroom…please follow the class and staff member outside.
- If in the hallways, etc., exit at the nearest door.
- All visitors and volunteers check-in with staff next to covered play area. PLEASE DO NOT LEAVE WITHOUT checking out with the office staff.
- Initiated by shaking or intercom announcement.
- Drop, Cover and Hold.
- If this is a drill…there will be an intercom announcement stating:
“This is an earthquake drill.”
- After the drill…we will vacate the building via an intercom announcement.
- Follow evacuation procedures.
- If this is the real thing…no alarm or announcement, we will feel it.
- After the shaking stops, exit the building the same as a fire (drill).
- If the intercom is working, we will use it to vacate the building.
- If not, we will use the fire alarm to vacate the building.
- All staff, students, visitors, and volunteers meet outside on the field.
During a Lockdown
- Do not attempt to visit Endeavour during a lockdown. All doors will be locked and only emergency personnel will be allowed in the building until the site is secured.
- Modified Lockdowns are initiated as a precaution if police activity is in the area, or if an animal has been sighted near the school.
- As per new district policy, in a true lockdown situation each staff member has the authority to make the best decision for their students (stay in classroom or leave the building).
After a Lockdown or any Emergency Dismissal
- Please do not arrive on campus and attempt to remove your child without office clearance.
- In any emergency dismissal, all students must be accounted for and cleared through our emergency dismissal process.
- The only door open to our community will be the office door. An incident command center will be set up for any emergency dismissal.