The Highly Capable Program Referral Window is Open from September 1st through September 15th
Referrals of students to determine possible eligibility for the Highly Capable Program will be accepted online beginning September 1 through September 15.
The District’s referral procedure may include screening procedures as allowed by state statute. Please go to the Highly Capable website for further information and to access the online referral questionnaire and referral form. Individuals making a referral must use the District provided online referral form. The following exceptions will apply:
- Referrals will not be accepted for students who were tested for the Highly Capable Program in the previous school year.
- Referrals for kindergarten students will not be accepted as screening for these students to determine eligibility for further testing for possible selection into the Highly Capable program will occur mid-year.
- Referrals for second grade students will not be accepted as testing for these students will occur mid-year.
- Referrals for students new to the district who enroll after September 15 will be accepted for ten (10) school days from the enrollment date.
- Students new to the district enrolling after the Highly Capable fall testing window who meet the screening criteria will be assessed prior to the beginning of the next school year.