When working with a student who does not follow the Grand Ridge school rule, we consider that:
- A student’s self-concept is always a prime consideration.
- A child should be left feeling he/she has some control.
- Students and adults will share the thinking when solving a problem.
- An equal balance of consequences and empathy replace punishment whenever possible.
- Parents want to be provided with information about their child’s inappropriate choices.
The GOALS of the Grand Ridge discipline policy are to encourage:
- The student to make appropriate decisions.
- The student to establish ownership of problems or mistakes.
- The student to learn from his/her problem or mistake.