Class of 2021 Information
- Q: Will students be "walking" to get their diplomas? Yes! Students will still be ushered from their seats onto the field to walk across the stage and receive their diploma cover.
- Q: What will the program be? The program details are still being worked out with our limited time frame but we are putting the students first. We are preserving our student speakers and student musical performances and cutting adult speeches. The most important part is that students will still walk and have their name read.
- Q: Why can't students just sit on the field? Students have never sat on the field at T-Mobile but in the grandstands. T-Mobile doesn't allow seating on the field other than fewer than 10 on the stage who are speaking or working the event. This continues to be T-Mobile's policy and we are working with their seating restrictions. If they change their seating restrictions between now and June 11th, we will send out updates.
- Q: If we choose flexible seating, will we be guaranteed a seat near our graduate? No. Flexible seating is the only way we're going to make this work. We have paid to expand our seating to the upper level so we can accommodate more guests but all the graduates need to be seated in the lower level to walk to get their diplomas. It is possible guests will be in the upper level and their graduates will be in the lower level.
- Q: If we request 5 guest tickets and that request cannot be accommodated, will we just get 2 or just bump down to 4? This all depends on how many guests we can fit in the seating limitations. We will give everyone the most amount of tickets we can without allowing some families who requested 5 to get 5 and others who requested 5 only get 4. For example, if we cannot accommodate all requests for 5 tickets, but we can give everyone who requested 4 tickets and everyone who requested 5 tickets all 4 tickets total, that is what we would do.
- Q: What about masks and attestations? There will be Covid measures like required masks, temp checks, attestations. This will be based on T-Mobile and ISD's guidance closer to the event. The week of graduation, we will push out the most up to date guidance.
- Q: I would like to request more than 5 tickets, how do I do that? 5 is the maximum you can request and you still may only get 2, 3 or 4. We are not taking requests for more than 5 tickets as we know that will not be possible with our school size. I would encourage the guests you are unable to secure tickets for access the livestream.
- Q: Why can't we just do the smaller graduation ceremonies at IHS with more guests and flexible seating? Most of our seniors said it was important for them to be together with their class. In order to accommodate more than 3-4 guests, we'd need to do ceremonies with 50 students which would be 12 ceremonies in 1 day. The challenges of doing this, combined with a great deal of feedback about it being important to have a formal venue and for 2021 grads to be together as led us to working with T-Mobile.
Email from from Ms. McCormick:
I am writing to officially announce we plan to hold a graduation ceremony on June 11th at 4:30pm at T-Mobile Park. The seating there is complicated. Please find time to watch the video provided in this email, complete the graduation seating preference form, and RSVP for Senior Breakfast.
2nd: Please complete the graduation seating preference form by the end of this weekend
3rd: Take a look at all the upcoming events for the Class of 2021
4th: RSVP to Senior Breakfast
We look forward to celebration our seniors throughout May and June!
Senior Calendar: Class of 2021 Senior Events
This calendar is intended to provide a central resource for Senior-related events and requirements. Check back frequently as items will be added to the calendar, and events could be rescheduled if necessary.
| ||Register to receive transcripts from Parchment ||Ms. Marbut ||Parchment will be used for students in grades 11-12 to order/send official transcripts anywhere they need to go. All 11-12 grade students were sent registration information to their email listed in student access for their Parchment account. |
| ||Official transcripts available for order ||Ms. Marbut ||Students must join Parchment to order transcripts. |
| ||Cap and Gown Orders ||Mr. Stevens ||Link for all graduation products|
Link to cap and gown required for all seniors ($47.95)
Contact card to be filled out by all seniors
|April 19th ||3rd Quarter Grades Due ||Varies ||Be sure to check your grade details at this time and make sure you are on track, especially in classes needed to meet a graduation requirement. Consult directly with your teacher if there are any issues you need to resolve. |
|May 17th ||MT4 Grades Due ||Varies ||MT4 grades will be posted on Family Access by 4pm. THIS IS YOUR LAST GRADING PERIOD BEFORE GRADUATION. If you have a deficient grade in a class you need for Graduation at this time, you will not be cleared to participate in the ceremony until your teacher has indicated you will for sure pass the class. Consult directly with your teacher if there are any issues you need to resolve. |
|May 19th ||Pick up Grad announcements ||Mr. Stevens ||Seniors will receive instructions and a schedule for driving through a drive through cap/gown/announcement pick up |
|May 21st ||Senior Surveys Due ||College and Career Center ||This is the last part of your High School & Beyond Plan, and survey completion is required in order to be cleared for graduation. If you’ve earned any scholarships, please include them in your survey so we can post your scholarship in our graduation program. If you plan to attend college after high school, you will include the name of your school in the survey as well. Please be sure to meet the May 6th deadline, we cannot include any scholarship information submitted after the due date. There are two required surveys: |
- IHS Senior Post-HS Survey
- ISD Senior Exit Survey (after completing the IHS Senior Post-HS Survey, you will be automatically directed to the ISD Exit Survey)
|May 26th ||Senior Photo Day ||Mr. Stevens |
Students will come to campus at a scheduled time for a photo in their cap and gowns.
|June 3rd ||Senior Recognition ||Mark |
|Students and families will be sent a YouTube link to watch our senior recognition ceremony|
from the safety of their homes - the link will go live at 6:00pm but will be viewable after that
|June 4th ||Yearbook Distribution for Seniors ||Ellen Jarvinen ||Yearbook pick up 2:30pm-4:00pm|
Students and families who purchased a yearbook will be able to drive to campus and drive
through stations to pick their yearbook
Last Name A-K 2:30pm-3:00pm
Last Name L-R 3:00pm-3:30pm
Last Name S-Z 3:30pm-4:00pm
|June 3rd-8th ||Senior Finals ||Varies ||Seniors will take final exams in their classes at varying times June 3rd-8th. Teachers will share details for their course. |
|June 9th||Senior Breakfast|| |
Senior Breakfast, Slideshow & Teacher Farewell tunnel – on campus
8:00am Arrive on field, enjoy breakfast while watching the senior slideshow
9:15am Exit out the field through the staff farewell tunnel
|June 10th||Graduation Clearance & graduation ticket pick up|| ||Come anytime between 10am-2pm to make sure you are cleared to participate in graduation. What|
does it take to be cleared? Counselor’s clearance for meeting all graduation requirements, all textbooks/materials/laptops returned and/or fines paid.
|June 11th ||Graduation ||Mr. Stevens |
4:30pm @ T-Mobile Park
Grad Presentation PDF
|Diploma Pick-Up ||Ms. Marbut ||Diplomas will be available for pickup in the front of the school between 10:00am-3:00 PM. If they are unable to come during these days/times, they can come in after August 16th when the Counseling Office re-opens. Only students or their parent/guardian with valid photo ID may pick up diplomas. |
|TBD ||Running Start Student Diploma Pick-Up ||Ms. Marbut ||Running Start Student Diplomas will be available for pickup in the Counseling Office on this day between 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM. Since we will be waiting on finals grades from the colleges, this pick up day is a little later. If students are unable to come during these days/times, they can come in after August 12th when the Counseling Office re-opens. Only students or their parent/guardian with valid photo ID may pick up diplomas. Diplomas cannot be mailed or picked up by a sibling. |