2022 PHOTO CONTEST INFORMATION
It’s time once again for our IMS Photo Contest! Have you seen the cool winning shots from 2020 by the stairs in the front hallway? If your photo is judged the best in its category, you too can have your photo hung at IMS, along with a name plaque, for all to see into the far future!
We have five themes for the contest, plus a “Best Photo of the Year.”
Our categories are:
The Mountains: Photos of the woods and views on Tiger, Squak, and Cougar Mountains.
The Wildlife: Photos of birds, salmon, frogs, squirrels, coyotes, and other wild creatures from our area.
The Creek: Photos of any of the branches of Issaquah Creek, either in town or in the wilder sections.
The Town: Images of the original downtown area of Issaquah, on and near Front Street, or images from Salmon Days.
The Return: Pictures of our return to full-time school.
Best Photo in any category
Here are the rules:
· Your picture must be taken within the Issaquah School District.
· It needs to be high resolution so it will be clear and un-pixilated when expanded for display in the hallway.
· It can be color or black and white.
· It should be a photo taken within the last year.
· It needs to be a photo taken by you.
· You must include your full name and grade level with your entry. Nameless photos will not be eligible.
· Your photo may need to be cropped, so be sure the parts you want to appear in the final image are in the center area and not against the edges.
· You may enter up to three photos in the contest.
· Please do not submit repeats of the winning shots that are already in the hallway. You can submit photos to Mr. Wieland’s Canvas Inbox or to Outlook (email@example.com) starting on January 4th,. You can also bring them to Room 3206 on a flash drive. The contest runs through the end of the day on Friday, January 21.
IMS Staff will judge the photos. Photos will be anonymous during judging- no one’s name will be attached to any of the entries. We will announce the winners in early February.
Please pick up information fliers in the lunchroom or on the school website. Use the upcoming holiday break to find your best photos!