Six more teachers across the Issaquah School District learned they achieved their National Board Certification last month, and two teachers with existing certifications also successfully renewed their certification.
The ISD is excited to celebrate these teachers as they join the more than 225 teachers in the district who have earned their National Board Certification – seen as the profession’s mark of accomplished teaching.
Newly Certified Teachers:
- Andrea Antrim, Liberty High School
- Mary Margaret Cruz, Beaver Lake Middle School
- Brittany Fannon, Liberty High School
- Natalie Fowler, Skyline High School
- Kyle Smith, Skyline High School
- Kari Young, Issaquah Valley Elementary
- Josh Berg, Pine Lake Middle School
- Josh Moore, Administration Building
National Board Certification is recognized as the gold standard in teacher certification.
“The pandemic truly tested the mettle of anybody working in a school setting -- including teachers and their students,” said Peggy Brookins, NBCT, President and CEO of The National Board. “”Those teachers who achieved Board certification this year voluntarily chose to challenge themselves, reflect on their practice and confirm that they are teaching to the highest standards.
For a complete listing of Issaquah School District National Board Certified Teachers, please visit our website. Visit the National Board for Professional Teaching Standards for more info about certification.