Maywood Athletic Director: Steve Eggers
425 837-6904 * EggersS@issaquah.wednet.edu
Sports physicals are required annually for all middle school athletes
. Physicals must be dated after June 1st, 2019 or later. More information can be found on the
Issaquah Middle School Sports Webpage.
Spring (Season 4) Sports Registration:
Track & Field (Co-Ed): Open to all grades. Includes running, jumping, and throwing events. Practice begins March 30th. Fee is $50
PLEASE NOTE these dates and turn in paperwork promptly to ensure eligibility:
- Online portal OPENS March 16th. Registration must be completed at Maywood and begins the same day.
- Registration at Maywood begins same day.
IMPORTANT: Your registration is NOT complete until your Confirmation Page and Emergency Authorization forms are turned in for this season’s sport.If this is your student’s 1st sport for the school year, a current Sports Physical dated after June 1st is required (form found on the Middle School Sports website). If your student participated in a Season 1 or 2 sport, that Sports Physical is already here and doesn’t need to be resubmitted. We still need the Confirmation Page and Emergency Authorization page.
ALWAYS MAKE & KEEP COPIES OF SPORTS PHYSICALS FOR YOUR RECORDS & FOR FUTURE OFF-SEASON CAMPS/ACTIVITIES.
Athletic registration is a two-step process. After successfully completing both steps, the Athletic Support Secretary will issue Final Clearance.
STEP 1: REGISTER ONLINE. All ISD students interested in participating in sports are required to register online. Access to online registration is available on the District's Middle School Sports website. The District webpage and online system contain important information - PLEASE READ ALL INFORMATION CAREFULLY. You must print the Confirmation Page &
Emergency Authorization Form at the end of the online process.
STEP 2: BRING THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS TO MAYWOOD beginning March 16th 2020 (office hours 7:30am-3:30pm every day except Wednesday; 7:45am-3:45am Wednesdays).
- CONFIRMATION PAGE
- EMERGENCY AUTHORIZATION FORM
- SIGNED & DATED ORIGINAL SPORTS PHYSICAL (Note: If your student already did a sport this school year we have it on file)
- PAYMENT -OR- RECEIPT IF YOU PAID ONLINE. REQUIRED FEES: $35 ASB card fee (if not already purchased) AND $50 sports fee ($20 for Intramural sports). Please NOTE: All fines must be paid in order to participate.(If your child is trying out for a “cut” sport and doesn’t make the team, your $50 fee will be refunded.)
- Copy of GRADES/TRANSCRIPT ONLY IF you are new to ISD or you are a Home School or Private School student.
In order to receive Final Clearance, everyone must FIRST see the Bookkeeper and
SECOND the Athletic Support Secretary. If all requirements are met, she will issue Final Clearance YOUR STUDENT WILL NOT RECEIVE FINAL CLEARANCE IF STEPS ARE NOT COMPLETED.
IMPORTANT!!!! DO NOT mail or fax forms – they must be presented in person. Forms must be turned in to the office, NOT directly to coaches. Register early so your student can get enough practices in to fully participate.
Physicals must be dated June 1st, 2019 or later. For ALL athletes, District policy states that ANNUAL sports physicals are required & good for one calendar year only and cannot expire before the end of post-season events for the season in which you are participating. At the time of registration, you must present a physical that meets these requirements.
*ONLY SIGNED & DATED ORIGINAL SPORTS PHYSICAL WILL BE ACCEPTED*
MAKE COPIES OF THE PHYSICAL AND RETAIN FOR YOUR RECORDS