News details

A Special Message from Superintendent Thiele

Posted on November 9, 2021

Dear ISD Community,

It is with many mixed emotions that I am sharing the news that I will be retiring from my position as Superintendent of the Issaquah School District this coming summer. I have tremendous love and gratitude for the Issaquah School District community, the Issaquah School Board and our amazing ISD employees for the opportunities you have given me to lead.

I came to the ISD 21 years ago as principal of Issaquah Middle School, and have served at our central office for the past 18 years, including nine years as your Superintendent. When I first arrived in the ISD in 2001, I could have never dreamed that I would have the opportunity to lead this incredible district. I have always been humbled by the encouragement and support this community has given me. I am extremely proud of our students and staff for all the wonderful things that have been accomplished over the years. We have maintained some of the highest graduation rates of any public school district and implemented numerous innovative programs to better serve our students. We are also working to become a more inclusive and equitable district, all while rapidly growing and becoming more diverse as a community.

After nearly 34 years in public education, my wife Jill and I look forward to spending more time with our family and friends while pursuing our hobbies and interests. I also look forward to continuing my service for the remainder of my tenure and will support the School Board, staff and community in any way I can to help ensure a smooth transition into the next era of leadership.

With much gratitude and love,

Ron Thiele Signature

Ron Thiele,
Superintendent
Issaquah School District