There have been two confirmed cases of COVID-19 in staff members working at Issaquah High School. The staff members were last on campus on Tuesday, December 15, 2020. To be cautious of the health risks to everyone, the decision has been made to close Issaquah High School for the remaining three days prior to break beginning immediately and extending through Friday, December 18, 2020.
Please note that this mean we will cancel:
- Tonight’s Light Parade
- Meal distribution on Thursday, December 17
- Students gathering on campus in the coming three days for athletic pods
- Students attending in-person learning in the coming three days
As the situation evolves we will be in contact with how long the closure will extend. We are aware of the inconvenience that this can cause, but the health of our staff, students, and families are paramount.
If you are concerned that you or someone in your family might be developing symptoms of COVID-19 or has confirmed COVID-19:
- Anyone who is sick should stay home.
- If you or someone in your family has symptoms of COVID-19, call your medical provider to get tested or go to a free testing site (www.kingcounty.gov/covid/testing).
- Anyone who develops symptoms or has confirmed COVID-19 should remain at home and away from others. Learn more at www.kingcounty.gov/depts/health/covid-19/care.
- Tell your school if you or someone in your household tests positive for COVID-19.