Monday, October 18th- No School for Students
Teacher Work Day
Health Youth Survey for 6th and 8th Graders on October 19, 2021:
Our school is required to participate in the Washington State Healthy Youth Survey, which will take place at Pine Lake on October 19, 2021. The online survey will be given to students in Grades 6 and 8. The Healthy Youth Survey includes questions related to physical activity and diet, unintentional and intentional injury, substance use, sexual behaviors, abuse, risk and protective factors, and access to school-based services. Survey results are used by schools, communities, and state agencies to plan programs to support our youth and reduce their risks. Participation in the survey is voluntary and the students’ answers are anonymous.
Parents may opt their students out of participation by calling the Pine Lake main office at 425-837-5777 or the student can opt out on the day of the survey.
For more information about this survey, please open the link below.
Healthy Youth Survey Information for Parents and Students
Halloween Dress Up
Friday, October 29, Pine Lake students are welcome to participate in HALLOWEEN DRESS UP. This fun school tradition celebrates our school community with creativity and fun! Of course, students are encouraged to participate, but can also enjoy the costumes of classmates without wearing a costume.
As you prepare costumes, please remember to use the school dress expectations as a guideline. Additionally, no full-face Halloween masks can be worn in classes and no colored hair spray can be applied at school. Remember, no toy weapons can accompany costumes at school. Due to Covid mitigation, masks are required when in the school building.
Fall Smarter Balanced Assessments
This fall public schools in Washington State are required to administer state assessments in English Language Arts (ELA), Mathematics, and Science. Students will take a shortened version of the test they would have taken last spring, had state testing occurred. All testing will be online during the school day and students at Pine Lake will use school computers for this assessment. (For students that use a personal computer at school, an ISD computer will be provided during testing.)
For our school this means:
- 6thgrade students will take the 5th grade Math and ELA Smarter Balanced Assessment (SBA) and the Washington Comprehensive Science Assessment.
- 7thgrade students will take the 6th grade Math and ELA SBA
- 8thgrade students will take the 7th grade Math and ELA SBA
Our school will administer these state assessments according to the following schedule:
10/25 8th grade SBA
10/27 8th grade SBA Make-up
10/28 7th grade SBA
11/1 7th grade SBA Make-up
11/2 6th grade SBA
11/3 6th grade SBA Make-up
11/4 6th grade SBA Science
11/5 All grades Make-up
PINE LAKE MIDDLE SCHOOL SPORTS UPDATE:
Season 2 sports registration is now open!
Season 2 starts November 8th. Registration closes November 3rd
- Basketball (girls)
- Intramural Basketball (girls)
- Wrestling (coed)
What do you need to do?
- Online Sports Registration at FinalForms
- Parent and Student Acknowledgments at FinalForms
- Valid Physical Form (dated after June 1, 2021 for 6th graders; dated after June 1, 2020 for 7th graders; 8th graders need a valid physical).
- Upload the physical to FinalForms and retain original copy.
- Payment of ASB membership fee
- Payment of Sports fee for each Sport
Attn: Middle School parents of students participating in wrestling
Per the DOH
Sports and Fitness Guidance, wrestling and basketball classify as high
contact indoor sports. High contact sports are defined as team
sports with frequent or sustained contact (and in many cases, face-to-face
contact) between participants. In accordance with the most recent K-12
Covid-19 Requirements from the DOH, we require students participating in
wrestling and basketball to upload a copy of their vaccination card in FinalForms.
The reason being that masks are not required for fully vaccinated athletes
competing in high-contact indoor sports. Masks are not required for
unvaccinated athletes competing in high-contact indoor sports if they
participate in screening testing.
Have questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Laptop Support: Student Laptop Tech Support is available Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday in the tech office (room #1204) 8:00 to 9:00
Picture Day Information:
Photo packages are available for sale via the Lifetouch
website. Once on the Lifetouch
website , the Picture Day ID number for Pine Lake’s picture day is
Every year the National PTA Reflections Program supports student
artists. PLMS students may submit up to
three pieces inspired by this year’s theme, “I Will Change The World By…”. Categories include Dance
Choreography, Film Production, Literature, Music Composition, Photography, and
Artwork is due by October
29th. All works are
collected digitally this year. Students may email submissions to email@example.com. Submissions will need
to include all appropriate files, including the Entry Form. For more info,
please visit https://pinelakeptsa.org/Page/Program%20Pages/Reflections
Questions? Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Pine Lake Attendance:
- Email Attendance before 7:30am each day that your student is absent or send a note to the office, with the reason for the absence and parent signature, when your student returns.
- Bring a note and sign in with the Attendance Secretary for all late arrivals and early dismissals.
- For early dismissals, students should come to the office with a parent/guardian note before the start of the school day or parents can email Attendance, letting the office know of the early release. An authorized adult must sign the student out in the office before leaving. The adult may be asked to show ID and will need to be listed as an emergency contact. If returning the same day, the student must sign in with the Attendance Secretary and will be given a pass to return to class.
- For late arrivals, students should come to the office with a parent/guardian note, email or parent/guardian phone call before reporting to class.
- Make arrangements with each teacher for make-up work upon return to school.
- Obtain a "Pre-Arranged Absence Request Form" for planned absences of 3 or more days.
Please contact Karen Hoetzel at 425-837-5701 or email@example.com
Bus Route Information Now Available Online Via E-link
E-link, the online system the Issaquah School District uses to
allow parents to look up their student’s bus route information, is now live.
You can find the link on our Find
Your Bus Route webpage. Please read through the login procedure on this
page to find your login information. If you need help or have questions about
this process you can email firstname.lastname@example.org
Check the links below if your
student will be participating in an after-school sport and plans to ride the
activity bus home.
Pine Lake Online Store Questions:
Any questions about purchasing school items from the Pine Lake
Online Store can be directed to Debi
Rapoza, Pine Lake’s Book keeper, at email@example.com .
Lake Middle Online Store
ISD Laptop Insurance:
Families who check out a school laptop are encouraged to purchase
insurance ($75 annually) to cover damage. Insurance information was provided
with each computer and is also available here.