Registrar, Lakshmi Palaniappan

Phone: (425) 837-5710

Email: palaniappanl@issaquah.wednet.edu

The Issaquah School District has implemented a new online process to enroll students. Families currently Active in the District and enrolling another child may login to Family Access to enroll the new student online.  Prior to using the online application process, families are advised to have the required documents available to upload into the application.  You may save as you go and do not have to complete it all in one sitting.  The completed application once submitted online, will be available to the school for approval. Submitted applications will not be approved until all required documents are received by the school.

For current families: this process is only available to the first guardian that was listed on the enrollment paperwork. If that is not you, either have the other guardian complete this process or contact the school to have the guardian order changed. 


The documents listed below will need to be uploaded during the registration process or brought into the school office. Guardian ID must be brought into the school for verification before you receive your start date. Please contact your school if you have any questions. 

  • Birth Certificate or Passport
  • Residence Verification – Purchase Papers/Property Tax Statement/Lease Agreement
  • Energy Bill – Gas, Water or Electric.  This bill must include the parent/guardian name, the address and dated within 30 days. If you are renting/leasing your residence in which all utilities are included in rent, you can provide the rental agreement on property management letterhead.
  • Signed Certificate of Immunization Status (CIS)
  • Guardian Photo ID (bring into the school for verification)
  • Custody/Court Order (optional)
  • Restraining Order (optional)
  • Prior School Records (optional)

To print the CIS with immunization information filled in: Ask if your healthcare provider’s office enters immunizations into the WA Immunization Information System (Washington’s statewide database). If they do, ask them to print the CIS from the IIS and your child’s immunization information will fill in automatically. You can also print a CIS at home by signing up and logging into MyIR. If your provider doesn’t use the IIS, email or call the Department of Health to get a copy of your child’s CIS: waiisrecords@doh.wa.gov or 1-866- 397-0337. 

Residence Verification 

The Issaquah School District may only enroll students whose Parent(s) or Guardian(s) reside within school district boundaries, unless an Interdistrict Transfer form has been accepted by the district prior to enrollment. For cases in which residency is in question, school officials can investigate by making a home visit. Residency verification is a parent responsibility and falsification of information provided during this process will be grounds for immediate cancellation of enrollment. 

Attendance Boundaries

Students should live within the attendance boundary of a school in order to enroll. To verify which school your student will attend, based on your home address, visit the Find Your School and Bus Route webpage. Check out the  transportation tool called E-Link, which helps families verify their student's school and the school bus stop location nearest to their home address. Contact the Transportation Department at 425-837-6333 for questions.

If a student in the District wants to attend a school outside of their neighborhood attendance boundary, a request for an in-district transfer must be submitted for consideration each year during the "Open Enrollment" period. Space must be available at the receiving school. More information on Open Enrollment.

Grade Level

Students are automatically placed in their grade level based on their Date of Birth.

Immunization Requirements

Washington State Law RCW 28A.210.080 requires school age children to receive specific immunizations in order to attend school. Proof of immunizations from a family physician or local health department is required. The parent/guardian needs to transfer this information to a Certificate of Immunization (CIS) form and sign the certificate to verify its accuracy. More information on Immunization Requirements.

Consent for Exchange of Information

If a student is transferring from another school, the parent or guardian must give their consent to transfer records from the student’s previous school. Parents will need the name, address, and phone number of the previous school to upload into the application. 

Transcript or Academic History

Students transferring from another school should have their academic records to upload. The application will also ask if the student has been in any special programs in their previous school. 

Learning by Choice

For information on the various enrollment options for students and parents/guardians in Washington State, read the Learning by Choice guide published by the Office of the Superintendent of Public Instruction (OSPI).


Please take a look at our NSOE FAQs and see if your questions is answered there! If not, please contact your student's school for more information.

Enrollment Process

New Families

Begin the New Student Online Enrollment Process

Current Families

Log in to Family Access and click on New Student Online Enrollment on the left side of the screen begin the process.