Skip to Page Content Skip to the search box and translation tools

New Student Enrollment

New Student Enrollment

Click here to begin the New Student Online Enrollment Process

Kindergarten Information

Visit our Kindergarten Registration page for more information.

Follow us on Social Media!

For up-to-date news, important announcements, and fun highlights from across the ISD follow us on our social media channels:

New Student Enrollment is available for the 2019-20 school year.

The Issaquah School District has implemented a new online process to enroll new students. This process is only for new students to the district, not students transferring to another school within the district. Prior to using the online application process, families are advised to have the required documents available to upload into the application.  You may save as you go and do not have to complete it all in one sitting.  The completed application, once submitted online, will be available to the school for approval. Submitted applications will not be approved until all required documents are received by the school.

Applications will only be processed on days when schools are open. Please visit our Calendars page for specific dates when schools will be closed. Applications submitted during the summer will be processed when office staff return to the schools in August. 

New Student Online Enrollment Video Tutorial

0:00 / 0:00


The documents listed below will need to be uploaded during the registration process or brought into the school office. Guardian ID and a signed Certificate of Immunization Status (CIS) must be brought into the school. Please contact your school if you have any questions. 

  • Birth Certificate or Passport
  • Residence Verification  Purchase Papers/Property Tax Statement/Lease Agreement
  • Energy Bill – Gas, Water or Electric. This bill must include the parent/guardian name, the address and dated within 30 days. If you are renting/leasing your residence in which all utilities are included in rent, you can provide the rental agreement on property management letterhead.
  • Signed Certificate of Immunization Status (CIS) (bring signed hard-copy into the school)
  • Guardian Photo ID (bring into the school for verification)
  • Custody/Court Order (optional)
  • Restraining Order (optional)
  • Prior School Records (optional)

To print the CIS with immunization information filled in: Ask if your healthcare provider’s office enters immunizations into the WA Immunization Information System (Washington’s statewide database). If they do, ask them to print the CIS from the IIS and your child’s immunization information will fill in automatically. You can also print a CIS at home by signing up and logging into MyIR. If your provider doesn’t use the IIS, email or call the Department of Health to get a copy of your child’s CIS: or 1-866- 397-0337. 

Residence Verification 

The Issaquah School District may only enroll students whose Parent(s) or Guardian(s) reside within school district boundaries, unless an Interdistrict Transfer form has been accepted by the district prior to enrollment. For cases in which residency is in question, school officials can investigate by making a home visit. Residency verification is a parent responsibility and falsification of information provided during this process will be grounds for immediate cancellation of enrollment. Families must notify the Issaquah School District in writing within five (5) school days following any change of residency.

Attendance Boundaries

Students should live within the attendance boundary of a school in order to enroll. To verify which school your student will attend, based on your home address, please contact our Transportation department at 425-837-6330 or email with your home address to determine your school.

If a student in the District wants to attend a school outside of their neighborhood attendance boundary, a request for an in-district transfer must be submitted for consideration each year during the "Open Enrollment" period. Space must be available at the receiving school. Click here for more information on Open Enrollment.

Kindergarten Registration

If you are registering a student for Kindergarten, please visit our Kindergarten Registration page for more information.

Grade Level

Students are automatically placed in their grade level based on their Date of Birth.

Immunization Requirements

Washington State Law RCW 28A.210.080 requires school age children to receive specific immunizations in order to attend school. Proof of immunizations from a family physician or local health department is required. The parent/guardian needs to transfer this information to a Certificate of Immunization (CIS) form and sign the certificate to verify its accuracy. Click here for more information on Immunization Requirements. 

Consent for Exchange of Information

If a student is transferring from another school, the parent or guardian must give their consent to transfer records from the student’s previous school. Parents will need the name, address, and phone number of the previous school to upload into the application. 

Transcript or Academic History

Students transferring from another school should have their academic records to upload. The application will also ask if the student has been in any special programs in their previous school. 

Learning by Choice

For information on the various enrollment options for students and parents/guardians in Washington State, read the Learning by Choice guide published by the Office of the Superintendent of Public Instruction (OSPI).


Please take a look at our NSOE FAQs and see if your questions is answered there! If not, please contact your student's school for more information.