Due to Martin Luther King Jr. day on January 18, the District will make the following changes to the meal distribution schedule:
- We will distribute three days’ worth of meals on Thursday, January 14. Normally only two days’ worth of meals are distributed on Thursday evenings.
- We will not distribute meals on Monday, January 18. Instead, we will distribute two days’ worth of meals on Tuesday, January 19.
Also, we will distribute three days’ worth of meals as usual on Monday, Jan. 25, even though it is not a school day. Pickup times on all days will still be from 4 to 6 p.m. at all usual meal pickup locations.
The free meal program provides free, nutritious meals to all children 18 and younger, regardless of income or enrollment in the Issaquah School District. See the ISD website for full details of the meal program, including regular distribution days, times and locations.
- Mondays and Thursdays from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. Pick up breakfast and lunch for three days on Mondays and pick up breakfast and lunch for two days on Thursdays.
- Note: Meal pickup service for children will not be provided during first winter break, December 21, 2020 - January 1, 2021. The final day of food pickup before break will be December 17, 2020. Pickup will resume January 4, 2021.
- Apollo Elementary: 15025 SE 117th St, Renton
- Beaver Lake Middle School: 25025 SE 32nd Street, Sammamish
- Endeavour Elementary: 26205 SE Issaquah-Fall City Rd, Issaquah
- Grand Ridge Elementary: 1739 NE Park Dr, Issaquah
- Issaquah High: 700 2nd Avenue SE, Issaquah(Meal pickup at Issaquah High will not be available Thursday, December 17)
- Issaquah Valley Elementary: 555 NW Holly St., Issaquah
- Liberty High: 16655 SE 136th Street, Renton
- Sunset Elementary: 4229 W Lake Sammamish Pkwy SE, Bellevue
- Skyline High: 1122 228th Avenue SE, Sammamish
Children 18 or younger may pick up a meal package for themselves, or parents/guardians may pick up for each child in their household.
Food service staff at all locations follow all CDC and Health Department recommendations for safety, including social distancing and wearing face coverings.
Each component of the meals will be packaged separately to maintain food quality. For example, the bread, meat, cheese and condiments of a sandwich will be packaged separately and need to be assembled at home. Children will be able to select between meat or meatless entrées. Refrigeration of some items will be required and some minimal cooking may be required. Cooking instructions will be provided as needed.