Sunny Hills Placement Change Request Procedures
Parents may submit a letter to the principal regarding individual student concerns. Procedures for submitting a letter are posted on our school website and will be sent each spring via eNews.
Teachers and specialists work together to create balanced classes using the following criteria:
- A balanced ratio of girls to boys
- A balanced of academic achievement levels
- Behavior factors regarding each student
- Compatibility of student with others in the classroom (i.e., separating students who have not worked well in the past)
- Independent work habits
- Social need and leadership skills of the students
- Recommendations of teachers, guidance team and parents will be considered but not guaranteed.
End of June through August
Adjustments are made to incorporate new students and increased/decreased staffing.
During the First Two Weeks of School
Parents and staff evaluate how the classroom assignments are working for students. If there are concerns, the following process is followed:
- Student participates in class for 10 school days. During that time, parents meet with the teacher to discuss concerns and problem solve.
- If concerns continue, information is provided in writing, identifying and clarifying the concerns.
- Principal meets with parents and reviews the concern(s).
- If a Guidance Team review is warranted by Principal, a meeting will be set. Concerns and data will be reviewed by the Guidance Team. Parents will be informed of the Guidance Team’s decision.